Music!

piątek

my 3 favourite Broadway musicals.

Hi everyone!
Today I want to tell you about my 3 favourite Broadway musicals.

You know that I love theater and music so I also love musicals.
My first time in the theater was when I was in primary school and my class went to Poznań to see 'Fiddler on the Roof'.
I fell in love and later I was going to the theater with my parents and friends regularly.

A few years later I heard about Broadway for the first time and about fantastic performances which take place there.

That was love at first sight and... hearing!
I was fascinated by the costumes, scenography, orchestra, music and the actors' talent.
I have a lot of favourite Broadway musicals but today I'll tell you about only 3 of them.

SHREK
We all know the story of Shrek, especially from the film by DreamWorks.
The musical is based on the film and the book.
Did you know that Shrek's adventures were first published as a book?
It was a picture book written by William Steig who is an American cartoonist.
This musical was nominated:
- in 8 categories for a Tony Award in 2009, but it only won in one category
- in 12 categories for a Drama Desk Award in 2009, but it won in 3 categories
- in 4 categories for a Laurence Olivier Award in 2012, but it only won in one category


RENT
Rent is a rock musical based on Giacomo Puccini's opera La Boheme.
This is a story about a group of young artists struggling to survive under the shadow of AIDS/HIV.
This musical was nominated:
- in 10 categories for a Tony Award in 1996, but it won half of all nominations
- in 10 categories for a Drama Desk Award in 1996, but it won in 6 categories
- for a Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1996, which it won
- in 2 categories for a Theatre World Award, which it won
- in 3 categories for a Laurence Olivier Award, but it didn't win any


Hamilton
Now... THE BEST MUSICAL the world has ever seen.
Hamilton is an American Musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton, one of America's Founding Fathers.
It was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda who is a genius and a very gifted man.
This musical is inspired by the biography of Alexander Hamilton written by historian Ron Chernow.
But what makes this musical unique?
This is a hip-hop/rap musical and it's a treasury of rhymes, history and music skills.
This musical was nominated many times for various awards, so I'll just summarise:
it was nominated 72 times for 19 prestigious awards and it won 56 of them!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz